We want to send a heartfelt “thank you” to the entire East Ridge community for your support in the PTA auction! Thanks to you, we’re excited to report that we’ve raised a historic amount this year! This money will go a long way toward PTA programs (art docent, staff grants, school wide events), as well as this year’s “fund a need” centered around the Math Genius Squad subscription and Math Kits for each classroom.
The Math Genius Squad provides so many resources for teachers, and she continues to add to and refine the resources over time. There are videos to help them understand what is most important in each unit, planning guides for teams to plan units, videos to help teachers understand how to effectively teach lessons, and concepts lesson slides. There are also ready to go resources for every unit to meet student needs, including scaffolds and tools to improve access to whole group instruction and also resources to use for intervention, extra practice, and enrichment.
Teachers also have access to on demand professional development videos! All of these resources are in one place, and they connect directly with the curriculum our teachers use. This saves teachers so much time, which then gives them more time to invest in direct planning for their students.
Again, THANK YOU to all who made the auction incredibly successful! We appreciate each and every one of you.
Primary kits for the math kit fund a need. Intermediate kits will also be purchased!
· Fund-A-Need: Last year's auction funded new tables! All tables have arrived and we finally got NSD to put bark chips down! We will have it all put together in the coming days to start using the space. This year's Fund-A-Need is in progress!
· Art Docent Program: We fund all art supplies and materials used in every classroom for monthly art docent projects throughout the year.
· Staff Grants: We have funded new murals to be painted in the gym, classroom supplies for teachers, and created social/emotional kits for all classrooms.
· Staff Appreciation: We fund support items throughout the year in addition to a weeklong celebration each Spring.
· Playworks Recess Program: We fund to have a company come in for a full week to do a 'recess reboot' and teach games and create the junior recess coach program. The PRP was implemented to assist with issues at recess post COVID.
· Booked for Lunch: We funded several new grade level book sets for different grades to use.
· School Play: We fully fund the Missoula Theatre Company to come out for the week to produce the production.
· 5th Grade Leave Behind Project: We fund an art project or installation each year for the 5th grade to leave behind.
The school events are funded to ensure that they are free for everyone to attend and enjoy! The funds include, but are not limited to, going toward food, drinks, activities, prizes, entertainment, and supplies for the below events.
· Fall Festival
· School Dance
· Bingo Night
· Cultural Night
· Movie Night (funded the movie license)
· Field Day
· Art Walk